It is a major international carrier serving 43 cities in 24 countries across three continents namely Africa, Asia and Europe from its hub at Bahrain International Airport. It operates one of the largest networks in the Middle East, with double daily flights to 10+ regional cities. Gulf Air has codeshare agreements with the various airlines namely, American Airlines, EgyptAir, Philippine Airlines, Royal Jordanian and Thai Airways. Its current fleet consists of 16 Airbus A320-200s, 6 Airbus A321-200s, 6 Airbus A330-200s, and many aircrafts are ordered as well.In November 2012, this airline phased out its last Airbus A340-300 after 18 years of service.The new orders for fleet made by this airline consists of 12 Airbus A320neos, 17 Airbus A321neos, 16 Boeing 787–9s and 10 Bombardier CS100s.
Gulf Air Baggage Allowance
The airline has two classes, Falcon Gold (Business Class) and Economy Class. Baggage allowance for the classes is different.
- Economy class passengers: 30 kg in weight and baggage dimensions should not exceed 95cm(38ins) x 75cm(30ins) x 45cm(18ins)
- Falcon Gold Passengers: 40 kg in weight and baggage dimensions should not exceed 95cm(38ins) x 75cm(30ins) x 45cm(18ins)
- Economy Class: 1-bag (maximum dimensions 45 x 40 x 30 cm or 17 x 15 x 12 inches) and total weight should be 6 kg
- Falcon Gold class: 1-bag (maximum dimensions 55 x 40 x 30 cm) or one garment carrier (maximum width 20 cm or 8 inches). Additionally, one briefcase (maximum dimensions 45 x 40 x 30 cm or 17 x 15 x 12 inches) with total weight of 9 kg is allowed.
- Infant (All Classes): One bag (maximum dimensions 44 x 35 x 20 cm or 17 x 13 x 7 inches) with total weight of 3 kg.
If baggage exceeds the free baggage allowances, there may be a special offer for destination. If passengeris making entire journey on Gulf Air Operated flights, the excess baggage rates apply which depends on the 'zone' of origin and destination.
- Earn and redeem Falconflyer miles with every Gulf Air reservation
- Redeem miles with 50% Off Miles Redemption program
- Earn the number of loyalty points on each Gulf Air ticket booking
- Discount on Hotels, Cars, Insurance and trains booking
The inflight entertainment service by Gulf Air consist of Radio Broadcast shows, International cinema movies, Kids movies, AVOD, Latest TV shows, Blockbuster movies, music and many channels and programmes.
Gulf Life is inlfight magazine of this airline which is blend of various topics including adventure, machines, etc.
A special meal is served to all passengerssuch as pureed fruits, vegetables, meats, desserts suitable and much more. If customers want to request a special meal according to their dietary requirements,orders should be placed at least 24 hours prior to travel.
Gulf Air Unaccompanied Minor Service
1. Unaccompanied children between the ages of 5 and 11 years old can travel alone without an escort on any Gulf Air operated flight.
2. Children should be accompanied to the airline check-in desk at the airport of departure with all necessary travel documents.
3. If the Unaccompanied Minor is ill or mentally/physically impaired, staff should be notified beforehand at Gulf Air of his/her condition during booking so that, suitable arrangements can be made for special care.
4. Unaccompanied Minors are accepted for Gulf Air flights if they have purchased a full adult normal fare ticket (excluding industry discounts, promotional fares and special offers).